We have found ourselves at the end of Shakespeare's life, and with most questions we asked, we don't know the answer to this one for sure. What we do know is when he died and where he is buried, but there is no recorded evidence of what killed him. There are however rumours and stories surrounding his death and in this episode we look at these and other evidence about what his death would have been like.
Image: SBT 1868-2/280 Copy of Shakespeare’s Burial Monument
This weeks guests are:
- Professor Michael Dobson, Director of the Shakespeare Institute
- Dr Elizabeth Dollimore, Outreach and Primary Learning Manager at the SBT
- Professor Stanley Wells, Honorary President of the SBT
- Dr Robert Bearman, Retired Head of Archives and Local Studies, Shakespeare Birthplace Trust
- Dr Tara Hamling, University of Birmingham
If you want to get in touch, you can tweet us on @ShakespeareBT or using the hashtag #talkshakespeare.