Most of the documents that survive about Shakespeare's life detail his business and financial dealings. In this episode we looks at what these documents can tell us about Shakespeare's worth at different points in his life, as well as where he got his money and what happened to it.
Image: The only surviving letter written to William Shakespeare is from Richard Quiney asking for a loan of £30.
This week's guests are:
- Professor Michael Dobson, Director of the Shakespeare Institute
- Dr Elizabeth Dollimore, Outreach and Primary Learning Manager at the SBT
- Professor Stanley Wells, Honorary President of the SBT
- Dr Robert Bearman, Retired Head of Archives and Local Studies, Shakespeare Birthplace Trust
- Dr Tara Hamling, University of Birmingham
If you want to get in touch, you can tweet us on @ShakespeareBT or using the hashtag #talkshakespeare.
Transcripts are forthcoming.