If you were an actor in the King's Men, your rehearsal process would have been very different from today's! In this episode I talk to my guests about cue scripts, rehearsal time, where acting companies got their costumes and sets, and who exactly would have gone to the theatre.
Image: SBT 1996-28 An Elizabethan earthenware money pot
This week's guests include:
- Professor Stanley Wells, Honorary President of the SBT
- Professor Michael Dobson, Director of the Shakespeare Institute
- Dr Elizabeth Dollimore, Outreach and Primary Learning Manager at the SBT
- Dr Anjna Chouhan, Lecturer in Shakespeare Studies at the SBT
- Ben Crystal, Actor, Director and producer
If you want to get in touch, you can tweet us on @ShakespeareBT or using the hashtag #talkshakespeare.
– Shakespeare’s Merrymakers
– Shakespeare’s World in 100 objects: Number 76, a Money Pot
– How did they (rehearse) for Merry Wives of Windsor
– How did they (learn their lines) in Timon of Athens
– How did they (make a storm) in King Lear
Transcripts are forthcoming.