Terms of Entry
We ask you to respect fellow visitors and staff during your time with us
Updated: December 2022
We take the safety of our staff, volunteers, and visitors very seriously, and we hope this will help reassure all who come to Shakespeare's family homes. In order to maintain a safe environment throughout your visit a number of measures will remain in place for a little while longer. We ask you to respect fellow visitors and staff and continue adhering to the following measures:
- You don’t have to wear a face covering when you visit, but we do encourage you to bring one with you. You may still see many of our staff continue to choose to wear a face covering in our busy areas and indoor spaces, and you may wish to do the same.
- Hand sanitisers will be available throughout our sites and windows will be kept open to encourage good ventilation.
******- If you are displaying Covid-19 symptoms, we politely ask that you do not visit. Your ticket can be exchanged for another date, subject to availability. We are unable to offer refunds on unused tickets. Please contact us by email: [email protected] or phone: 01789 204016.
- Bag searches will be carried out in line with our security policy. To keep delays to a minimum, we ask you to avoid bringing large bags or backpacks. We are unable to offer luggage storage.
- Only cashless payments will be accepted.
- We ask that no food or drink is consumed on site at Shakespeare’s Birthplace during your visit, including any that you’ve brought from home. Picnics are welcome in the grounds at Anne Hathaway's Cottage and Shakespeare's New Place.