Terms of Entry
We ask you to respect fellow visitors and staff during your time with us
Please note: Shakespeare’s Birthplace is currently closed in line with the Government’s latest Coronavirus measures. Please check our website and social media for the latest updates.
We take the security of staff, volunteers, and visitors very seriously, and we hope this will help reassure all who come to Shakespeare's Birthplace. We ask you to respect fellow visitors and staff and adhere to the following measures.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times between groups
- Groups larger than 6 are not allowed to book, meet or interact at our site unless they are part of the same household or support bubble
- Visitors are encouraged to download the NHS Covid-19 Test and Trace app prior to arrival at Shakespeare's Birthplace and 'check-in' by scanning the QR code available at the ticket desk and entrance to the shop
- If you are unable to access the app, in line with Government guidelines, we will be taking your contact details, as well as recording times entering our premises. Details will be kept for 21 days. We will share them with Test and Trace personnel, if asked, in the event of a fellow visitor or staff member testing positive for coronavirus. Data will be handled according to GDPR, security and ethical standards at every stage of the process – from its collection and storage by us to its transfer and use by NHS Test and Trace. NHS Test and Trace will handle all data according to the highest ethical and security standards and it will be used only for NHS care, management, evaluation and research
- Face coverings must be worn by visitors in all indoor spaces, unless they are exempt from the UK Government's guidelines on wearing face coverings in shops
- Your temperature may be checked on entry
- Bag searches will be carried out in line with our security policy. To keep delays to a minimum, we ask you to avoid bringing large bags or backpacks. We are unable to offer luggage storage facilities
- Please follow the one way route and clear floor markings in place around the site
- Only cashless payments will be accepted
- No food or drink are to be consumed on site