Terms of Entry
We ask you to respect fellow visitors and staff during your time with us
We take the security of staff, volunteers, and visitors very seriously, and we hope this will help reassure all who come to Shakespeare's Birthplace. We ask you to respect fellow visitors and staff and adhere to the following measures.
- Visitors should only gather in groups within the limits set out by UK Government for England
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times between groups
- Visitors should wear a face covering in indoor spaces throughout their visit, unless they are exempt from the UK Government's guidelines on wearing face coverings in shops.
- Your temperature may be checked on entry
- Bag searches will be carried out in line with our security policy. To keep delays to a minimum, we ask you to avoid bringing large bags or backpacks. We are unable to offer luggage storage facilities
- Please follow the one way route and clear floor markings in place around the site
- Only cashless payments will be accepted
- No food or drink are to be consumed on site
Test and Trace
To help reduce the risk of a local outbreak of coronavirus, we are taking contact details for visitors, as well as recording times entering our premises. In line with guidance issued by the Department for Health and Social Care, we will keep your details for 21 days. We will share them with Test and Trace personnel, if asked, in the event of a fellow visitor or staff member testing positive for coronavirus.
Data will be handled according to GDPR, security and ethical standards at every stage of the process – from its collection and storage by us to its transfer and use by NHS Test and Trace. NHS Test and Trace will handle all data according to the highest ethical and security standards and it will be used only for NHS care, management, evaluation and research.