Eye Shakespeare App
Want to see Stratford in a completely new way? Download Eye Shakespeare, an innovative, free smart phone application (app) designed for iphone and ipad, which showcases the treasures of the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust in a unique street guide to Shakespeare's Stratford.
- Explore five centuries of Stratford's past with the aid of three different virtual guides and four period maps of the town
- Choose from one of seven languages (English, Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Spanish and Italian)
- View stunning images of the treasures of the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust such as Shakespeare's gold signet ring or the only surviving letter written to the poet
- Buy Stratford souvenirs or create your own personalised picture with William Shakespeare
- See what Shakespeare's last home, New Place, looked like using an augmented reality model within the app
- Find out what’s on in Stratford and where to eat, drink and stay
- Book events and theatre tickets
The app uses the latest mobile phone technology – including augmented reality and QR scanning - to facilitate a unique collections-based walking tour of Stratford-upon-Avon encompassing thirteen key sites, including Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Anne Hathaway’s Cottage, Holy Trinity Church, and the RSC. See over 200 treasures from the Trust’s collections as you wander through places with strong connections to these treasures.
Want to continue your journey? Why not visit one of the Trust's five properties or visit the Library and Archive to see at first hand some of the Treasures pictured in Eye Shakespeare.
Eye Shakespeare has been created as part of Shakespeare Byte Size, a partnership project led by the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, and Coventry University, Hewlett Packard, and Danwood. Eye Shakespeare is part-funded by the Technology Strategy Board.