Want to see Stratford in a completely new way? Download Eye Shakespeare, an innovative, freesmartphone application (app) designed for iphone and ipad, which showcases the treasures of the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust's in a unique street guide to Shakespeare's Stratford.
- Explore five centuries of Stratford's past with the aid of four different virtual guides, and four period maps of the town
- Choose from one of seven languages (English, Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Spanish and Italian)
- Buy Stratford souvenirs or create your own such as a personalised picture of Shakespeare’s last home
- Find out what’s on in Stratford and where to eat, drink and stay
- Get discounts on entry to Trust properties and offers on gifts
The app uses the latest mobile phone technology – including augmented reality and QR scanning - to facilitate a unique collections-based walking tour of Stratford-upon-Avon encompassing thirteen key sites, including Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Anne Hathaway’s Cottage, Holy Trinity Church, and the RSC, and see over 200 treasures from the Trust’s collections.
Want to continue your journey? Why not visit one of the Trust's five properties or visit the Library and Archive to see at first hand some of the Treasures pictured in Eye Shakespeare.
Please tell us what you think: Eye Shakespeare is a new product and we need your comments and suggestions to make it even better. Please contact uswith your views.
Eye Shakespeare has been created as part of Shakespeare Byte Size, a partnership project led by the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, and Coventry University, Hewlett Packard, and Danwood. Eye Shakespeare is part-funded by the Technology Strategy Board.