The Landscape of My Youth Competition
Terms and Conditions of our art and poetry competition, inspired by Allama Iqbal and Shakespeare
Landscape of My Youth Competition. Closing date: 1 May 2017
Terms and conditions
1. The competition is open to all young writers between the ages of 16 and 25 on May 1st 2017, the deadline for entries.
2. The winner of the poetry competition will be invited to participate in the 2017 Stratford-upon-Avon Poetry Festival. The winning art entry will be displayed at Shakespeare’s New Place, Stratford-upon-Avon.
3. The winners of both categories will also enjoy a weekend stay for them and a guest in Shakespeare’s home town. Winners must make their own travel arrangements to Stratford but will receive 1 night's complimentary stay for two people at the Arden Hotel in Stratford-upon-Avon on Friday, 23 June 2017, to include Breakfast and Afternoon Tea.
4. Entries will be judged by a panel representing Shakespeare and Iqbal.
5. Poems should be up to a maximum of 400 words. Artwork should be photographed or scanned as an image no bigger than A3 in size.
6. Entries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or posted to The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust c/o E Dollimore, The Landscape of My Youth, Henley Street, Stratford upon Avon, CV37 6QW. Please note we cannot return postal entries.
7. Decision of the judging panel will be final.
8. All work submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere (excluding social media) or have won a prize in any other competition.
9. Entrants will retain copyright and moral rights in their submitted images however, by entering, all entrants:
(a) grant The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust non-exclusive rights to use the images without recompense.
(b) grant The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust consent for The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust to use the images within marketing material and exhibitions without recompense.
(c) grant The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust consent to use the images on/in commercial products without recompense.
10. The winner will be chosen on or around 20 May 2017. Once the winner has been notified, they will have 96 hours to respond to claim their prize. If the winner fails to claim their prize, it will be forfeit and a new winner drawn.
11. The winners may be required to take part in publicity and their name and county may be published on The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust website, social media accounts, and other Shakespeare Birthplace Trust publications.