Summer Holidays at Shakespeare's Family Homes
Part of Summer Holidays
Fun filled family activities throughout the school holidays.
19 July - 31 August 2014
The summer holidays are the perfect time to explore Shakespeare's family homes and there will be something for everyone throughout the school holidays.
Take part in 44 fun filled family activities at each of Shakespeare's family homes and see how many you can tick off our list. Here's just a sample of what's on offer - come and join in the fun this summer!
Your Presence Needs Must Puzzle
Get cracking and break the codes at Shakespeare's Birthplace! See if you can solve our perplexing puzzles and reveal more about Shakespeare and his Tudor life.
Nine Men's Morris
Find the Nine Men's Morris Board and enjoy playing a game with the giant counters.
Will's Word Quest
Hidden around the beautiful grounds of Anne Hathaway's Cottage & Gardens are seven letters. Can you find them all to discover our mystery word? Enter our weekly prize draw and you could win a £250 voucher! Find out more.
Discovery Tent (12pm - 4pm daily)
Dig through the history of Shakespeare's final home in our archaeological tent, filled with hands on activities for all ages to enjoy.
- Dig for hidden treasure in our outdoor digging pits - and look out for buried skeletons!
- Wash and date the artefacts you uncover, including real coins found in the well on-site
- Play marbles games and dominoes, unearthing how we know this pastime has been played for centuries
- Take part in the ‘Rot or Not’ challenge to guess how long different materials take to biodegrade
- Search archaeological residues for ecofacts and discover evidence of food eaten through the ages
- Piece history together with jigsaws
- Match artefacts with their appropriate historical events on our interactive timeline
- Explore and interact with a ‘hands-on museum’
- Design and create a clay tile, or recreate artefacts, hidden treasures or even a bust of Shakespeare
Murder Mystery Trail
Turn detective and see if you can track down whodunnit in our fun trail at Hall's Croft (don't worry, no Shakespeare characters were harmed in the making of this crime-solving activity!).
Enter our competition by drawing a picture of what you think Shakespeare's daughter Susanna might have looked like.
These activities and many more are included in normal admission as part of the 44 things you can discover at Shakespeare's family homes this summer. All of our houses tickets are valid for 12 months so you can really make the most of the summer holidays in Stratford-upon-Avon.