Part of Summer Holidays
A weekend of animal and country craft magic at Mary Arden's Farm.
26-27 July 2014
Mary Arden's Farm
Join us on the farm for a celebration of our rare breed animals and the skills of Tudor rural workers.
Get crafty and try your hand at braiding and peg weaving with the Stratford Sinners & Weavers Guild in Mary Arden's House. Watch as our Tudors demonstrate a variety of skilled tasks such as stone masonry and willow fence making, using traditional methods as they would have been in Shakespeare's time.
Wander through our craft and local produce market and soak up the atmosphere to the backdrop of country music and dance provided by Silver Bough.
- 11.00 Working animal display/sheep walking (Falconer’s Field)
- 11.30 Falconry (Falconer’s Field)
- 12.00 Horse Work (Rick Yard)
- 12.30 Castle Small puppet theatre (Harvest Barn)
- 1.00 Tudor dinner (Palmer’s Farmhouse)
- 1.30 Falconry (Falconer’s Field)
- 2.00 Castle Small puppet theatre (Harvest Barn)
- 2.30 Kineton Quackers sheepdog trials (Falconer’s Field)
- 3.00 Milking of sheep (Mary Arden’s Farmyard)
- 3.15 Ferret Roulette (Mary Arden's Farmyard)
- 3.30 Falconry (Falconer’s Field)
- 4.00 Milking of goat (Goat Hovel)
- Hobby Horse Gymkhana & Auction (Falconer's Field)
All our houses tickets are valid for 12 months so you can come back for free throughout the summer holidays to make the most of different activities each day of the week!