You can contribute to the Trust's impressive Library through the book fund appeal.
The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust Library
Our library in Stratford-upon-Avon is the world’s largest specialist Shakespeare library that is open for anyone to use. The collection of over 55,000 volumes includes many rare books, three First Folios and early criticism of Shakespeare’s work. Every year we buy the latest books that are relevant to the collection and we are proud to launch a dedicated book fund to underwrite this activity.
Every year over 3,000 visitors, scholars, and students from across the world use our facilities to research a variety of topics relating to William Shakespeare.
Support the library through the book fund
Your donation to the book fund means we can continue to acquire the latest publications focussing on subjects including:
- Criticism of Shakespeare’s work
- Shakespeare’s life
- Shakespeare in performance (theatre, film, opera and ballet)
- Collected works by Shakespeare including texts and translations
- Illustrations of Shakespeare’s works
- Social and economic history of Shakespeare’s times
- Community history of Stratford-upon-Avon and South Warwickshire
Most of the books we purchase cost between £10 and £150. Donations of any amount can help our team acquire the publications they need to keep this Library open to anyone who wants to use it, free of charge.
Please help support our book fund by clicking on the button below.