Join our Forums
Got something to say? Explore our forums and start a conversation. Or just enjoy what others are saying browse the conversations taking place and leave a comment. Explore creative work inspired by Shakespeare and let people know what you think. Join in today.
Find out first!
Sign up for the What's on updates and be the first to know
Willingly to School
close up of old wood
Flexible dates - Get in touch to book
Venue: The Shakespeare Centre
Key stage: Key Stage 2
Price : 12.50 per pupil
In conjunction with King Edward VI school, Stratford-upon-Avon
Give your children the opportunity to spend a day as a child in Tudor Stratford. The children will:
- dress up in Tudor clothes
- be given the name of a real Tudor child from the Church register
- walk to King Edward VI school from The Birthplace
- attend Petty School in the Guild Chapel
- attend Big School in the Big School with Master Biddle - "A little Latin and less Greek"
- eat Tudor lunch at Nash's House
- attend Holy Tinity Church and visit Shakespeare's grave
- play Tudor games at Hall's Croft, inspired by Brueghal's 'Children's Games'
Bookings subject to availability - all day session
Maximum capacity per session is 30 pupils